Welcome back to my third post!
It's been a while, but I've been busy finding parts and configuring the car to how I think an Evo 8 should be.
Let's start with a few weeks ago, I dropped the car off the Heasman Steering for a much-needed height adjustment.
Before:
While this height was perfect, it was difficult driving, avoiding any unseen bumps and speed-bumps, and I was slightly scraping entering the driveway - unacceptable in my books. So, after Heasmans worked their magic...
Subtle - but noticeable and daily-friendly! Also, notice anything different? Or should I say, missing 😄 If you said "Hey, you took off the carbon sideskirts!" you'd be correct. While they were a nice addition, and were genuine carbon...it wasn't to my taste. So after half an hour, I managed to carefully remove them from the car.
Much better.
But the car is off again to a local performance shop. On the menu is a full car inspection, and they have my permission to give the car anything she needs. My goal is to establish a service & maintenance baseline, that can then be maintained from there.
Next stop after that, it's onto preserving the paint and rubbers of this amazing machine.
On a personal note, I've started noticing every time I drive this wonderful machine, I can't stop grinning. Maybe I'm still in the honeymoon phase, maybe it's the privilege of owning a Japanese icon, maybe it's because it makes all the right noises.
What a car.





No comments:
Post a Comment